Friday, August 12, 2011

I Love To Be Sick

Some of you may have been told the tale.....some of you may not yet have had the privilege...

How a young Jaclyn Dixon- then, Jaclyn Baker- told her Pediatrician, Dr. Litwack as he began to prescribe her medicines to heal her young pain, "but I love to be sick...".  "Excuse me?"  Dr Litwack looked confused, surely no young child- or any normal person for that matter- loved to be sick.  But young Jaclyn carried on...her mother, covering her face in horror, "I love to be sick...my Mom stays home with me and makes me tea and toast, and I have a cat and we watch movies.  I love it.".  A bewildered and slightly horrified Dr. Litwack turned toward the Mother.  "She loves it", the Mother shrugged.  And that was that.

Now, things are a little different.  I no longer love to be sick.  And certainly not on a Friday night.  Here I am, coughing, sweating, headachey and all that jazz. And it's Friday night.  And there aren't even any good movies on.  I'm just sick at home with my poor Hubby who lovingly takes care of me and a cat who doesn't understand that Mommy is sick.  Not. Fun. I do not love it.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment