Friday, May 6, 2011

'Scary Numbers'...Goodnight and Goodluck

Well this is it kids.  The day we say 'adieu' to the 170's.....because those days are gone!  GONE I SAY! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I can't even tell you the shock and then accomplishment and joy I felt this morning when I weighed in.  I knew I would get here but it seemed like it was taking forever.  Last night I hosted a very small gathering of some of my besties for a Skinnygirl Cinco de Mayo as the lot of us are gearing up for performances and just trying to be healthier in general.  I was worried that forcing them to enjoy yogurt with lemon juice (Skinnygirl Sour Cream) and whole wheat tortillas with turkey meat would make them hate me and have me committed. But they enjoyed it and for cardio and good times all around we chased after the Mister Softee truck after dinner for Sundaes. I know Debbie....I know...but I haven't had REAL ice cream in ....well a long time. I've been 'enjoying' those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches but last night I required soft serve with crushed pineapple and cherries. I know Debbie....I know... But once I gazed at it, bought it, and ate it , I promptly accepted that there was no forgoing an early morning work out.  And so it was.  It that Sundae was worth it. Totes.

Now as I awoke this morning my prayer was that I would not have gained anything- that I would simply have maintained.   I just wanted to stay the weight that I was prior to a turkey taco and a sundae. So- I peed. Dropped my robe. Sighed. And stepped up. 169lbs.  I was down 2lbs. TWO POUNDS! Shut the front door! I almost died. I jumped into the shower with a grin that would not quit and lathered up my thin, frail body (well a gal can dream cant she?) with a Tropical Breeze scented soap singing "Sex Shooter" by Appolonia.  It's Friday, I'm 169lbs, I am moving on to bigger, and better things.  And I am in the 160s!

Next week I am going to start Spinning Classes!! Can abs and the loss of the love-handles be far behind!?!

XO
JKD 

1 comment: